Pregnancy is a time to make sure you’re getting your vital nutritional needs. Many people wonder what they need to take and where they can get it. Here’s a brief overview of the food sources and supplements that can ensure your pregnancy is packed full of the essentials!
A. Food Sources
1. High Quality Protein Source:
- Nuts (do your own research on peanuts and other nuts to feel comfortable intaking during pregnancy, many raise caution to ingesting peanuts during pregnancy where others have shown studies that they are safe).
- Veggies (Kale, spinach)
- Beans (lentils, chickpeas, edamame, etc)
- Organic Milk, Almond Milk
- Organic Meat
- Hemp Powder
- Nut Butter
- Sprouted Grain Bread
- Dairy products
- Plain low-fat yogurt leads
- Dark, leafy greens (such as kale and Chinese cabbage)
- Fortified fruit juices and cereals.
- Fatty fishes—including swordfish, salmon, and mackerel
- Cod liver oil
- Fortified foods such as milk, breakfast cereals, yogurt, and orange juice.
- Dark leafy green vegetables,
- nuts, and
- dairy products
- Beef liver
- Folic acid, a man-made form of folate, is also added to many breads, cereals, and grains.
- Animal foods such as red meat, fish, and poultry
- Plant sources like lentils and beans
- Wheat bran
- and green vegetables such as spinach.
- Vegetable oil, green vegetables, nuts, and seeds,
- fatty fish, ie. tuna
- Kefir (fermented dairy product)
- Dark Chocolate
- Microalgae (spirulina, chorella, and blue-green algae)
- Miso Soup (Japanese soup)
- Tempeh (fermented grain from soy beans)
- Kimchi (pickled sauerkraut)
- Kombucha Tea (fermented tea)
When you’re choosing the foods to eat under each category try and make sure you know where the food is coming from (local, organic, etc) and what the food has been exposed to. Omega 3’s from Tuna isn’t always ideal because it’s hard to find Tuna that hasn’t doesn’t contain harmful bi-products. If you can’t find foods that you trust, then turn to supplements from reputable sources:
B. Recommended Source for Supplements:
For more information please send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.riannaposkin.com to learn how to boost fertility and better your chances of naturally conceiving. Download my Ebook!
Stay healthy and well nourished!
Back To Basics Blogger